See below for any current Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens employment opportunities.
Employee Status: Part Time (30 hours/week)
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and the third-party web vendor, write and produce content on the website that is updated, accurate and reflects the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens brand.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing, write and produce content for the e-newsletters and brochures that is accurate and reflects the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens brand.
- Maintain and grow the Admission Voucher Program to foster positive relationships with local inns and merchants, and increase Gardens visitation.
- Maintain program calendar content on external websites, the CMBG website, and daily onsite calendar
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage target media list.
- Lead the tracking and analytics of coverage and report on industry news.
- Be a team player with a positive outlook to protect the brand reputation in all aspects of communication.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with the development of PR strategies and plans.
- Work cross functionally with the Director of Marketing, Director of Philanthropy, Director of Education, Director of Horticulture, Director of Facilities and other key staff to assist with key messaging and identify media/press opportunities.
Electronic and Print Communications:
- Maintains and updates the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens website: gathers, previews, creates, and/or edits content for other office communications including Grow! brochures and weekly Constant Contact e-newsletters.
- Coordinates departmental blogs and publishes on the website.
- Collaborate with social media projects to leverage communications strategies.
Admission Voucher Program:
- Assist the Director of Marketing with the management and implementation of the admission voucher program.
- Maintain and update the target list of participating inns and merchants.
- Prepare and distribute vouchers for participating inns and merchants.
- BS/BA in communications-related field; 1+ years of applicable experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with excellent command of the English language to include grammar and professional business communications including a working knowledge of AP style.
- Extremely detail-oriented, ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Experience working within a team to execute individual tasks to achieve a shared goal.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on project deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, web-based social media platforms.
- Web and blog development experience.
- Enthusiasm for plants and the natural world and a commitment to helping Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens be recognized as one of the best botanical gardens in the world.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Kris Folsom at kfolsom@MaineGardens.org. Deadline for submission is 5/15/14.
Gift Shop Sales Associate
This Sales Associate position will begin in May and continues through October. The work week for this position is 4 days per week, including some weekend days as scheduled throughout the season. Gift Shop employees work daily from 8:45am to 5:30pm.
The Gardens Gift Shop is a busy, dynamic work environment and is open seven days a week from 9am to 5pm. Store Associates work as team members to enhance the visitor experience through the selection and sales of botanically themed, garden-related and CMBG branded, nature inspired merchandise. Duties include cash register operations, restocking shelves in store, promoting sales, and providing excellent customer service.
This position requires the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; the ability to provide excellent customer service to visitors, members, employees and volunteers; the skills needed for daily cash and stock management; and the ability to learn and accurately perform register operations. Training will be provided.
Reliable Candidates may send letter of interest and/or resume via email by April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org