At Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, our volunteers are a valued and important part of the organization. Without their help, the Gardens would not be the thriving, lively, exciting place it is. To learn about volunteer opportunities for upcoming events and programs at the Gardens. Then, to learn more, email our volunteer coordinator. We need many, many volunteers with all kinds of talents and energy!
If you are already a Gardens volunteer, thank you!
Whether you volunteer on the grounds or in the Visitor Center, during programs or at events, or by completing docent training and guiding tours, you can utilize your talents while gaining valuable knowledge and experience. By donating your time to the Gardens, you serve the community, gain personal fulfillment, and interact with others who share common goals and interests.
Simply put, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens depends on the committed and hard-working volunteers who give their time. The hours and talent volunteers devote to the Gardens are an incalculably valuable resource. For an example of volunteer opportunities, see this overview of docent and shuttle services.
Although volunteering offers many rewards, we also like to show our appreciation to our volunteers by:
– First and foremost, offering an organized, well-run volunteer program that enhances your experience.
– Inviting all volunteers to an annual volunteer recognition event.
– Sending out a special volunteer newsletter.
– Providing refreshing beverages and snacks during some tasks.
– Ensuring close interaction with and support by the volunteer coordinator.