- This event has passed.
CMBG Summer Camp Club: Minibeasts! (Ages 4-9)
July 26 - July 30
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Monday, repeating until August 20, 2021
CMBG’s Summer Camp Club is back! Though most in-person camps are not taking place this year, your child or grandchild can still spend a memorable summer at the Gardens by becoming part of the CMBG Summer Camp Club. Campers will receive four or eight full weeks of self-guided summer camp experiences taking place both at the Gardens and at home. Summer camp club runs from July 26-Aug. 20 and covers a different topic every week. Since these are self-guided activities, you can sign up for the camp’s entirety at any time.
Starting any day the week of July 26, participants can pick up their first week of Session 2: “Minibeasts!” camp activities and supplies at the Visitor Center. Each week’s supplies will be packed in compliance with CDC health and safety protocols. Thereafter, a new week of activities will be made available each Monday for a total of four weeks. Need more flexibility? Not a problem. Choosing a later start-date, condensing the program into fewer weeks, or picking up more than one week’s worth of activities at a time are all options.
Being part of the CMBG Summer Camp Club comes with exclusive perks:
• Each camper will receive a special bag to keep filled with tools for investigation and discovery as well as a camp hat. Campers that are signed up for both camp sessions will receive bonus supplies.
• Campers will be invited to attend small-group outdoor learning sessions with our Education staff throughout the summer based on camp themes.
• Campers will be given clues each week to help them find secret stashes at the Gardens.
• Other weekly activities will include scavenger hunts, themed activities, games and/or experiments to do at the Gardens and at home (see weekly themes below), supplies for an art project, and a recipe with ingredients harvested or sampled at the Gardens.
• Upon completion of each week’s activities, campers will receive a special pin to add to their camp hat.
Minibeasts!: Exploring Insects and Other Invertebrates:
- Week 1: Masters of Disguise
- Week 2: Life Underground
- Week 3: Aquatic Critters – Fresh vs. Saltwater
- Week 4: Pollinators
*Registration does not include admission to the Gardens. However, by signing up for the CMBG Summer Camp Club, you are eligible to receive a 50% discount on a family membership (a savings of $50.00). Lincoln County residents may also eligible for membership scholarships. Please contact Betsy Angelico at 207-633-8013 to purchase a membership or to learn more.
If you participated in our program last year and do not need the backpack filled with tools for investigation, please call 207-633-8000 to register and receive a $5.00 discount.